Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FortiKBUser
New Contributor

Application Name Unknown

Hello there,

I am using Fortinet 90d. However, I get the error on the webfilter and log view side of the users.

And even if I change the groups of users, I get the old rule and the information from the old server. can you help me ?

5 REPLIES 5
boneyard
Valued Contributor

you point out several things and a subject about "application name unknown"

so what exactly is your problem? all of them? please make it all a bit clearer.

FortiKBUser

Even though I changed the webfilter group in the users, the old group is still filtering.

boneyard

still not sure what you are saying. you changed the web filter profile for a certainly policy with a user group but still the old web filter profile is used?

are you sure the user is hitting the right rule?

FortiKBUser

Yes, I am sure. But the problem is that when I look at the user logs, it shows the sites and applications I normally go to. But now it comes as unknown what is the reason for it.

boneyard

i'm trying to understand you but for me you keep changing the actual problem making it difficult to know what to focus on.

is it possible to restate your problem with a recent screenshot? the one you post lists most lines with action ip-conn*, which means the session was allowed but no reply came, that can cause the unknown application i would assume as there isn't enough information to determine the application.

*) http://kb.fortinet.com/kb....do?externalID=FD39321

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors