Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kashafaziz
New Contributor

Whitelisting and blocking specific web pages

HI All,

First time user of the forums so please bear with me if I haven't provided the right information.

I recently purchased a Fortigate 200d on V5.4 for a Web filtering solution. However I am having difficulty setting up the whitelisting solution where all websites are blocked unless I put them into the static URL list.

Currently I am trying to allow access to JD Sports - www.JDSports.co.uk website. However I would like to block specific webpages on that website. eg I want to access all the products but block access to the login page.

To this end I have added into the Static URL filter list the following in this order shown.

1. Wildcard - block - www.jdsports.co.uk/myaccount/dashboard/

2. Wildcard - Allow - www.jdsports.co.uk

3. Wildcard - Block - * (deny to everything else).

When I test the above with these static url filter rules I can still get to JD Sports website but I can also still get to the myaccount\dashboard page. I really need the myaccount page to be blocked.

I have several websites where I have to do this and not being able to get it working properly. So would like some guidance if possible.

Kind Regards

Kash

1 REPLY 1
hmtay_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello kashafaziz.

Did you enable deep-inspection? JDSports uses HTTPS. If you want to block /myaccount/dashboard, you need to enable deep-inspection or the FortiGate will only be able to see the hostname.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors