Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
drwho
New Contributor

Bandwidth Monitoring in Fortigate 100D

Hi Guys,

I am new in Fortigate firewall, is there way to monitor the bandwidth from the settings of the firewall or a software that you can suggest? Thank you guys. 

1 Solution
retrotech
New Contributor II

@drwho, looking at my setup it was a built-in traffic sensor that either I added or one the application picked up on when I ran "Auto Discovery" on the device (I believe it was the latter). I see both our WANs and all our LANs as traffic sensors in PRTG. If I remember correctly, I just renamed them to something more human readable after auto discovery.

The CPU and memory sensors looks like I added as "custom snmp sensors" and supplied the OID. You can get the OIDs using the MIB file obtained from the fortigate then browse that MIB file with an MIB browser to find what you are looking for. There are also some forum posts with the OIDs but I prefer to get it from the source. :) (Though posts are great as a secondary source)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
emilec
New Contributor

You can get some basic reports from FortiView on the device, but you want to look at FortiCloud or FortiAnalyzer for reporting.

Alby23
Contributor II

The best way I've ever found is surely via SNMP monitoring with tool like Zabbix, Cacti, Nagios and so on.

retrotech
New Contributor II

We also use SNMP. We use PRTG Network Monitor.

drwho

@retrotech, do you have link to share on how to configure PRTG in the network to monitor the internet bandwidth?

Alby23
Contributor II

Try this one: http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/documentLink.do?externalID=FD37222

I do not use PRTG so I haven't tested it yet.

neonbit
Valued Contributor

There's a simple interface bandwidth monitor available on the FortiGate itself (on the dashboard). Can give you a look at up/download bandwidth for your interfaces.

retrotech
New Contributor II

@drwho, looking at my setup it was a built-in traffic sensor that either I added or one the application picked up on when I ran "Auto Discovery" on the device (I believe it was the latter). I see both our WANs and all our LANs as traffic sensors in PRTG. If I remember correctly, I just renamed them to something more human readable after auto discovery.

The CPU and memory sensors looks like I added as "custom snmp sensors" and supplied the OID. You can get the OIDs using the MIB file obtained from the fortigate then browse that MIB file with an MIB browser to find what you are looking for. There are also some forum posts with the OIDs but I prefer to get it from the source. :) (Though posts are great as a secondary source)

drwho

@retrotech, thank you for your suggestions, do you screen shots of your setup?

mahesh_secure

Hai

If your looking for a simple tool with snmp you can use solar free tool.

http://www.solarwinds.com/free-tools/real-time-bandwidth-monitor

if looking for advanced one use fortisiem

Regards

Mahesh

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors