Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
khj
New Contributor

FortiAP-C220C

We use FortiAP-C220C (v5.2-build0028) with all sorts of issues. Some clients do not see any SSID's at all while other clients can connect but do not get internet connection. The AP also "leave" and "join" the FortiCloud controller without any reason.

We tried swapping AP with FortiAP-221C and that solved all issues. Swapping back to FortiAP-C220C and all issues are back.

is anyone else using FortiAP-C220C ? What is your experience with this AP

6 REPLIES 6
PaPi74
New Contributor

Hi,

I have same experince with this, but in home enviroment - only 2-3 users, about 5 wireless devices. 

I also tried  FAP221C, without any problems... I am solving this with Fortinet TAC, we did some troubleshooting together, output should be usefull for next version of firmware, but date of new release isnt known...

PaPi74

PaPi74
New Contributor

Hi, for now I have 5.2.31 Interim firmware for testing. I will upgrade this with my experience...

Best regards

PaPi74

PaPi74
New Contributor

Hi,

firmware 5.2.31 Interim lookslike very good. APs are stable, no boring device disconnections.... But I tested it only during 2hours in the evening - mainly with IP TV stream... 

PaPi74

khj
New Contributor

Now running on firmware v5.2-build0034 and AP's are stable.

Looking quite promising. :)

PaPi74
New Contributor

it is last version downloadable from support pages for this model.... released 3.2.2017.... quit old, but according to my experience it is stable

Best regards

PaPi74

Jirka
New Contributor

I am using v5.2-build0034 and it is the same. Log is full of:

ap-fail ECHO REQ is missing and ap-fail Received unexpected DISCOVERY REQ, session tear down
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors