Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
daj
New Contributor

Local radio Disable

Hi,

I am using FortiWIFI 30E . I want to disable the Local WiFi Radio . How is it possible to do this via CLI .

I tried via GUI . But there is no option to disable it iin GUI mode. So I think I can disable it through CLI . 

And I connected a LAN to FortiAP 221C for my Wifi usage . I don't want to interrupt this FortiAP settings . 

So I am confused  of  command that I need to use just to disable local radio .

I need a help in this  , i.e only to disable local wifi radio .  

Also this device is frequently going down . I am not able to find out the root cause for it . 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

I'm not sure if this part of config is the same between FWF30E and FWF60D. But with our FWF60D, we can disabled the local WiFi of FWF60D by disabling the radio (set mode disabled) in the "11n-only" profile it's using. But when you need to modify the default profile like this, I would recommend you copy the profile something else other than with the default name then modify and apply. Otherwise, when you upgrade the firmware, it might create/change the profile name you're use to something with "-temporary" then restore the original profile with the default settings, which would confuse you later.

I hope this would work for 30E as well.

config wireless-controller wtp     edit "FWF60D-WIFI0"         set wtp-profile "11n-only"         config radio-1         end     next end

config wireless-controller wtp-profile     edit "11n-only"         config platform             set type FWF         end         set ap-country US         config radio-1             set band 802.11n             set darrp enable             set vap-all disable             set vaps "wifi"             set channel "1" "6" "11"         end         config radio-2             set mode disabled         end     next end

FWF60Dxxx (11n-only) # config radio-1

FWF60Dxxx (radio-1) # set mode ?

disabled    Disabled.

ap          Access point.

monitor     Monitor.

sniffer     Sniffer.

AlexFeren

Wouldn't disabling a radio in wtp-profile also disable for all WTPs referencing the profile, and is way beyond scope of question?

Toshi_Esumi

Yes, that's correct if you could apply. That's another reason I recommended to copy to another profile name then modify. But "11n-only" or its copy has "set type FWF" as I showed above, so you can't apply it to any APs.

AlexFeren

Thank you... "set type FWF" is very helpful - I missed it.

To temporarily disable a FAP, would one use wireless-controller wtp's "admin" field set to "disable" value, or is there a better way?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors