Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ConstantPing
New Contributor

SSL VPN Timeout

We have multiple Authentication Rules in SSL VPN Settings.  We want to apply an auth-timeout for a specific group.  Is that possible?   I see the range is 0-259200 seconds(72 hours), 0 for no timeout under the SSL VPN Settings Root.  But I cannot change the Authentication Rule, maybe I am looking in the wrong area.  

Goal is to have one group to only be set for 10 hours before the session dies, and the user has to re-auth.

Help, and I appreciate your time. 

300D running 5.4.1

T

2 REPLIES 2
Christian1
New Contributor

Hello,

I think there is a way to do this.

Under config user group you can edit "your User Group" and you will find the command authtimeout. This is a timeout per user group in Minutes. Max value 0-43200 Minutes. By default the value is set to 0 no authtimeout.

Best Regards

Christian

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Goal is to have one group to only be set for 10 hours before the session dies, and the user has to re-auth.

i don't think the authtimeout in group setting is going help here. You should try a low value and determine if that will work.

if you want the  "sslvpn" to force a authtime  you need to set this in the sslvpn setting

config vpn ssl setting

set auth-timeout <xxxxxxx>

end

Check in the cli-cmd for the FortIOS in question and double check.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors