Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aagrafi
Contributor II

Setting the name of an external CA certificate

Hello,

When I import an external CA certificate to a FortiGate (5.4.1), I have noticed that I cannot set the certificate's name. The name is always been set by FortiOS to "CA_Cert_1". Do you know if I can set a different name to this certificate?

BTW, when I import an SSL certificate as local, FortiOS allows me to set any name I desire. The restriction seems to be in the name of the CA certificate only.

Thanks

1 Solution
dabbes
New Contributor

Hi,

how about:

config vpn certificate ca rename CA_Cert_1 to Test-1-CA rename CA_Cert_3 to Test-3B-CA

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tanr
Valued Contributor II

I too would like to be able to specify the name of, or rename, a CA certificate.

From the CLI, rename of  a CA certificate with no references fails, and "exec vpn certificate ca import" doesn't allow you to enter a name.

aagrafi
Contributor II

Hmmm, according to the handbook, it seems that the CA certificate name is set by the ForiOS automatically:

"The system assigns a unique name to each CA certificate. The names are numbered consecutively (CA_Cert_1, CA_Cert_2, CA_Cert_3, and so on)."

Although I don't understand why you can set the name of an SSL certificate, but you cannot do the same to the CA certificate name, I take this as final, unless someone of you guys knows something different.

rabzy
New Contributor

Hello Guys,

I want to create a CSR for my fortigate. But when i download it and open it with notepad, i can a blank text. What could be wrong.

dabbes
New Contributor

Hi,

how about:

config vpn certificate ca rename CA_Cert_1 to Test-1-CA rename CA_Cert_3 to Test-3B-CA

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors