Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ted_barker
New Contributor

FortiGate Monitoring (incl. Vdom) with Zabbix and or PRTG?

Most probaly many of you have created templates on how to monitor the FGs properly with Zabbix and PRTG, but I have not been able to find a template for any of them. What is available out there, who has knowledge to share on how to do it properly and maybe have some advanced maps or other screens built?
5 REPLIES 5
ted_barker
New Contributor

Anyone having using FGT with Zabbix and or PRTG and what are their experiences?

Malik
New Contributor III

Hello,

I monitor Fortigate 300D with prtg, and at this point, I'm satisfied. I used the fortigate-MIB for the CPU and Memory check you need just to change the unit, to have some "readable" data. I monitor the traffic with SNMP (Data volume and consumed bandwidth) For the flow I use sflow, you have a really detailled output. I made a map with prtg too, including our whole network (7 remote sites and 1 HQ). All this working alongside with network monitoring, including routers and switches. For the system there's another prtg server.

My experience so far, PRTG is pretty simple, documentation are available... The community is wide....And you have a great amount of data. wish you good luck monitoring.

Jirka1
Contributor III

I can only agree with Malik. PRTG is the best.

Mark
New Contributor

PRTG has a device template in beta available here:

https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/73911-does-prtg-provide-native-sensors-for-fortigate-firewalls

works pretty wel, I am working on manually adding IPSEC tunnel status monitoring

Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

I agree as well, PRTG is great!

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors