Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ivipu
New Contributor

FortiGate 60D load balance RDS Gateway 2012R2

Hi all.

I'm planning to implement 2012R2 RDS Gateway. The main reason is the speed benefit (over 2008R2 Gateway). My current setup is 2 x 2008R2 gateway server behind a FortiGate 60D. I load balance (virtual server) port 443 for those 2 GW servers Virtual server settings are:

type: tcp,

Load Balance Method: least session,

persistance: none.

So my question is, how to change the virtual server/load balancer to load balance https and UDP3391 required for the speed enhancement??

Ty.

2 REPLIES 2
ivipu
New Contributor

Ty for all for the great advice, they were really helpfull :).

So, i went and tried some things on my own and it was a 50% success. 2012R2 GW does indeed provide better user experience (read: is faster) but i was not successfull in just putting 2 2012R2 GW in the place of the 2008R2 GWs so they can both work in the same time (least session LB). I had to put one real server as active and the other as standby. If i put them as active with the same weight (or least session) i get a connection error and i see that both GWs got "pinged" by the connection.

I know the 60D is not a top class router with enterprise LB capabilities but it's what i have, so if anyone can be of some assistance, i would be very grateful.

ivipu
New Contributor

Really, not even a "this can't be done on your router" or something??

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors