Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pthomas
New Contributor

Forticlient 40% Connection Error Win 10

I have several Windows 10 laptops in the company that use the Forticlient VPN but most of them are Surface Pros or Dell XPS laptops. Recently I purchased two of the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 convertible laptops. They came with Win10 home so I upgraded them to pro. I have all the same group policies and programs on them as the other Win10 laptops but both of these new Inspirons will not connect to the VPN. The connection progress gets to 40% and I get a "Unable to establish vpn connection. The vpn server may be unreachable. (-5)"

The VPN is working because other people are connected to it on other Windows 10 and Windows 7 laptops. It is just these two Dell Inspirons that are having the issue. They are fully up to date on Windows and Dell updates, they are running Office 2016 and 3 internal company programs. But nothing different from what other laptops are using and those can connect to the VPN fine.

Does anyone have a suggestions or has anyone experience this before? I have reset the Inspirons to factory image and rebuilt them. At factory image they will connect to the VPN fine. I even tried applying one group policy at time to them and every time I applied a policy or installed a program I rebooted and tested the VPN and it connected fine. It was not till the laptop was all built that a day later is started getting the error at 40%.

I'm really at a loss on this. Thanks in advance!!

2 REPLIES 2
MasterBratac
Contributor

For me it was a TLS version mismatch on Fortigate and IE settings.

Check this link:

http://www.layer8.one/for...-may-be-unreachable-5/

jakerlton

WARNING!

that layer8.one link leads to a webpage that has cryptocurrency mining in it's JavaScript.

As of 2018-09-17 at least.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors