Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Marco_Broker
New Contributor

Trouble with my Fortigate 100D; cannot access by web or CLI.

Enter C,R,T,F,B,I,Q,or H: Open boot device failed. FortiGate-100D (17:36-08.07.2014) Ver:05000006 Serial number:FG100D3G15804629 RAM activation CPU(00:000106ca bfebfbff): MP initialization CPU(01:000106ca bfebfbff): MP initialization CPU(02:000106ca bfebfbff): MP initialization CPU(03:000106ca bfebfbff): MP initialization Total RAM: 4096MB Enabling cache...Done. Scanning PCI bus...Done. Allocating PCI resources...Done. Enabling PCI resources...Done. Zeroing IRQ settings...Done. Verifying PIRQ tables...Done. Boot up, boot device capacity: 15272MB. Press any key to display configuration menu... .... :  Configure TFTP parameters. :  Review TFTP parameters. :  Initiate TFTP firmware transfer. :  Format boot device. :  Boot with backup firmware and set as default. :  System information. :  Quit menu and continue to boot. :  Display this list of options. Enter C,R,T,F,B,I,Q,or H: :  Configure TFTP parameters. :  Review TFTP parameters. :  Initiate TFTP firmware transfer. :  Format boot device. :  Boot with backup firmware and set as default. :  System information. :  Quit menu and continue to boot. :  Display this list of options. Enter C,R,T,F,B,I,Q,or H: :  Configure TFTP parameters. :  Review TFTP parameters. :  Initiate TFTP firmware transfer. :  Format boot device. :  Boot with backup firmware and set as default. :  System information. :  Quit menu and continue to boot. :  Display this list of options. Enter C,R,T,F,B,I,Q,or H: Loading backup firmware from boot device... Open boot device failed.
Network Technician
Network Technician
3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Your boot device is failing. You need to format the drive and boot it from TFTP server. At that time you can save the image to the drive. If it still doesn't work, the next step would be RMA.
pyy
New Contributor III

You need to install OS , seems like a HDD issue

Abin_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Please follow below KB,format flash and reload the firmware.

http://kb.fortinet.com/kb...c&externalId=10338

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors