Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jim_FH
New Contributor III

FSSO agent upgrade - import configuration?

Hello,

We are planning on upgrading our two FSSO agents to 5.0.0247 from an older version (4.3.0161).

These are running on stand-alone servers, not on Domain Controllers.

We're told that the best way to upgrade is to uninstall the old version, then install the new.

My question is, how can we retain the configuration post-upgrade?  I don't want to have to re-configure the FSSO software manually again from scratch (select the DCs, select the groups from AD, etc).

There is an "export configuration" button, which is great!  But alas, there is no "import configuration" button.  

Has anyone upgraded the FSSO agents and been able to automatically/systematically keep the configuration?

thanks,

-James

3 REPLIES 3
Jim_FH
New Contributor III

Another reply to my own post, but in case it's helpful for anyone, we simply installed the newer version of the FSSO agent on top of the existing (that is, we didn't uninstall the older version first) and all the settings were retained.  

MrSinners

That's indeed the only way to retain the settings. There is no option to import settings, the configuration export is to to be able to provide Fortinet TAC with the configuration of the FSSO agents for support cases. However, in bigger environments (1000+ users) installing the agent over the older one may be sluggish, in those cases its always recommended to make a config backup and screenshots of the configured settings in case a fresh install is required after all.

AlexFeren
New Contributor III

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors