Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
catalin_plotogea
New Contributor

FortiAuthenticator 200D recommended firmware version

Hello all,

We have 3 FortiAuthenticator 200D in our network running currently firmware version v3.00-build0121-20141128-patch00 and an upgrade is needed.

I searched for new firmware releases available to download and found that there are multiple (3.3.1 , 3.3.2, 4.0.0, 4.0.1 and latest 4.1.0)... What is the latest recommended version for this product?

Thank you!

Catalin

2 REPLIES 2
Carl_Windsor_FTNT

Disclosure: I am PM for the product so read into that what you will but.....

4.1.0 added a relatively low number of new features over 4.0.1 but migrated from a 32 to 64 bit OS.  Because of this major change internal change, there was a significant amount of QA expended in testing, a large number of fixes made in the process and so far it has been a largely issue free release.  There will be a 4.1.1 release in the mid May time-frame to catch the minor snags uncovered since GA but none I am currently aware of are major show stoppers.

If you are cautious about running first GA code and the 4.1.1 is too far off for you, 4.0.1 is a strong release run in a large number of customers, just check the 4.1 release notes to see if any of the features or fixes are of interest.

As always, backup all units and note the installed firmware revision before proceeding and follow the recommended upgrade path.  As you have 3 systems, start with one first and test.....

Dr. Carl Windsor Field Chief Technology Officer Fortinet

catalin_plotogea

Hello Carl,

Thank you for all details provided and your support.

I will choose for the moment version 4.0.1 and follow the recommended upgrade path (from my research these are the intermediary steps: 3.0 -> 3.3.2 -> 4.0 -> 4.0.1), information provided by you was very helpful.

Have a nice day!

Catalin

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors