Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
well_done
New Contributor

Fortigate-Meraki VPN success

I didn't find much information on setting up a VPN with a Fortigate and a Meraki SA so thought I would post how I got it to work in case anyone else needs to do the same:

1) Meraki has a well-documented config to use on their end with non-Meraki peers so I will not repeat that here.

2) Create VPN-IPsec-Tunnel on the Fortigate matching the Meraki config parameters in Step 1. All Unchecked: Mode Config, NAT Traversal, Dead Peer Detection, Enable Replay Detection, Enable PFS, Autokey Keep Alive, Auto-negotiate.

3) Create static route on Fortigate from internal subnet to VPN named in step 2.

4) Create policies inbound and outbound to/from internal and remote subnets using the internal and VPN interfaces, respectively.

I was working with Fortigate 60C and 40C with FortiOS 5.2.2 and 5.2.5. The two main gotchas for me were Mode Config and the static route.

3 REPLIES 3
krumbp
New Contributor

Is this still stable for you? 

I have a Meraki MX 100 and Forti 1500D and have 1 tunnel that establishes but drops with Invalid SPI errors.

well_done

That was a temporary connection until we got all our Fortinets switched out to Meraki. So, we no longer have any Fortinet-Meraki tunnels.

mostafa_samir

krumbp wrote:

Is this still stable for you? 

I have a Meraki MX 100 and Forti 1500D and have 1 tunnel that establishes but drops with Invalid SPI errors.

I know this is a long time ago but any solutions to this issue ?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors