Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Cavey
New Contributor

Fortinet 110C Captive Portal -> Guest need to reauthenticate a few times in a day

Hello all,

I will like to check, Forti APs have been added to my Fortinet 110C firewall, Configured the controller's Captive Portal for guest use. It works well however with most mobile phones it goes to 'sleep' now and then so when it connects back to the wifi it ask the user to authenticate (seems like ever 5 min or so), is there any settings to make this longer or can the firewall ignore this as a set expiry period is already there for the guest?

Thank you.

Regards

Clement

2 REPLIES 2
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello,

by default user auth is 5 minutes idle timer. See and reconfigure following:

config user setting     set auth-timeout 5     set auth-timeout-type idle-timeout Kind regards,

Tomas

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

daac

Hello xsilver_FTNT this time applies for when the authentication is done to the captive portal via ldap? , or for this case another time out is handled. Additional if I lock my machine for about 60 minutes and then enter again to work I must or if I authenticate in the captive portal so the auth-timeout has changed to 1440 Thank you

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors