Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
emaw
New Contributor

Firmware update For FortiAP's from 5.0 to 5.2 build

Currently running FortiOS-5.2.3 Fortigate 80c, FortiAPs 210B's running 5.0.9 build very stable no issues.

Is anybody running FortiAP's 210B's on the 5.2 build without any issues? Would like to know if it is wise to upgrade to 5.2

build. Would appreciate your response.

1 REPLY 1
AndreaSoliva
Contributor III

Hi

absolutly it is from Fortinet site also recommended to upgrade FAP to 5.2 latest release this means also: Please check always Release Notes if support is given between 5.0 FGT and FAP 5.2. If I look to your constellation I can say from my point of view following: FGT 5.2.3 is full of bugs and you should really upgrade to latest release. If I'm right you can do it with one step but please check Upgrade Patch document to upgrade FGT from 5.2.3 to 5.2.6. If you do so you should upgrade afterwards (or you can upgrade FAP also in advanced) your FAP's to latest FAP release 5.2.5 but do not upgrade to 5.4 because no support for FAP 5.4 with FGT 5.2.x even it works but as said not officially supported (Look in to the release notes of FAP 5.4). If you upgrade your 5.0.9 FAP to latest release 5.2.5 please follow strictly the upgrade path mentioned in the release notes of FAP. You must follow them. We have some issues regarding FAP upgrade from lower releases to higher ones specially if you change GA release. What you can do and what I would actually recommend is a factoryreset after successful upgrade this means also enable on the cli the telnet access from wireless controller to FAP:

config wireless-controller wtp

edit [FAP Serial]

set login-enable enable

end

find out the IP of the FAP and on the FGT wireless controller you do:

# execute telnet [FAP IP]

Login with admin and if on standard no password:

Do a after login a:

# factoryreset

Wait until FAP comes up and attache the wtp profile again. Again a small reload on the FAP and thats it.

This is my view and again absolutly is recommended to use on the FAP latest 5.2.x even you would have FGT on 5.0.9 and higher.

hope this helps

have fun

Andrea

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors