Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Anda
New Contributor

Disable Forticlient download in SSL VPN Web Interface

Hi,

Fortigate 70D and FortiOS 5.4.0 in use. As specified in subject, i would like to disable the download of Forticlient for Android and Ios in SSL VPN web interface.

Many Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
seafarmer
New Contributor

any new ?

Jim_FH
New Contributor III

I would like to do this as well, did you get any resolution?

thanks,

Jim

scerazy
New Contributor III

Yes please, would it not be better to allow ad min to control what is presented to users?

Jim_FH
New Contributor III

Yep, I agree.  This feature WAS available in 5.2.x, but was removed in 5.4.x

I opened a ticket about this and was told that it was removed, but no reason was given.  I was told to contact my sales representative to make a feature request to have the option returned, which I will do this coming week.  (You should too, the more people that bring it up, the more likely they are to act!)

What we would like to do is create custom installers and custom SSL portals for different users/groups, so that we can direct Employees to login to the Employee SSL portal and get the Employee installer/profile; have Contractors login to the Contractor SSL portal and get the Contractor installer/profile, etc.

So we really want to remove the "generic" installers from those portals so that we know they're installing the correct client.

MDarwish_FTNT

Hi,

The option was added again in FortiOS V5.6. See page 227 - option added to disable Forticlient download in web portal https://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/3602/fortigate-whats-new-56.pdf

Option added to disable FortiClient download in web portal

The option (previously removed) to enable or disable FortiClient download has been added again.

Syntax

config vpn ssl web portal

edit set forticlient-download (enable|disable)

customize-forticlient-download-url forticlient-download-method (direct|ssl-vpn)

next

next

end

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors