Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Diego
New Contributor

Can't access internal devices via Wifi

Hello,

I have a Fortiwifi 60D in transparent mode connected between a router (ISP provider) and a switch.

Via ethernet I can reach to all devices of the intranet and I can connect to Internet but when I connect to the Wifi of the router, I have internet connection but I can't see internal devices. This is a snapshot of Policies:

Does anyone know why?

1 REPLY 1
og1
New Contributor

It would be good if someone has some proper insight into this (I have the same issue with my FortiWifi device).  I too notice my Wifi LANS on the FortiWifi can't connect to the WAN1 properly in transparent mode.  The physical LAN ports LAN1, LAN2, etc connect to WAN1 just fine with the above filter rules in transparent mode.  

I'm not sure why the Wifi functionality of my the FortiWifi devices is not included in transparent mode (at least I don't see it documented clearly anywhere in the official documentation or the forums).  I'd assume most people would be using their Wifi LAN in their setups such that it would make sense to the FortiWifi wireless LANS we considered a base application for transparent mode. 

Thanks for your help and time.  Appreciated.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors