Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
adeboer
New Contributor

Workspace mode/ADOM locking

Hey All,

Anyone have any good reads on workspace mode/adom locking? I'm having trouble finding anything on these settings besides how to turn it on/off. What are the benefits of enabling this feature and is there any cons?

Thanks,

Alan

1 Solution
scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

below CLI is on FMG 5.2.4 738

FMG200D # conf sys global (global)# set workspace-mode  disabled    Workspace disabled.  normal      Workspace lock mode.  workflow    Workspace workflow mode. (global)# set workspace-mode

we have 2 type of ADOM lock

normal workspace has basic ADOM locking function, so only ADOM is locked, you can do config change and install, other admin session only has read-only for this ADOM

workflow is an advanced ADOM locking function, you need to lock ADOM first, and also any config change need to submit for approval

Thanks

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

below CLI is on FMG 5.2.4 738

FMG200D # conf sys global (global)# set workspace-mode  disabled    Workspace disabled.  normal      Workspace lock mode.  workflow    Workspace workflow mode. (global)# set workspace-mode

we have 2 type of ADOM lock

normal workspace has basic ADOM locking function, so only ADOM is locked, you can do config change and install, other admin session only has read-only for this ADOM

workflow is an advanced ADOM locking function, you need to lock ADOM first, and also any config change need to submit for approval

Thanks

Simon

adeboer

Thanks for the reply Simon. I just enabled workspace-mode normal, I'll see how that works out. Looks like it might be a good idea for database integrity.

Alan

braymetnet

It was very helpful 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors