Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
flyras
New Contributor

'execute' commands unavailable in FortiGate 3040B with 5.2.3 build670

Hello,

I am trying to clear the logs from memory on a 3040B running 5.2.3, and as I have seen in config guides and forums, the way to do it is by using the command 'execute log delete-all'

However, it seems that on the CLI it is unavailable for some reason. I only get config, get, and show commands there (see screenshot) but no 'execute'. The account is super-admin, so it should not have a reduced command list, I guess.

Any ideas? Or a way to clear logs from the web interface instead?

4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you running  vdoms? ( it looks like you are ) . Can you change into the proper vdom and then look for execute commands?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
flyras
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply :)

True, I am using virtual domains. If I go to config mode, I can choose between 'global' and 'vdom' modes.

However, 'execute' is only available under global mode,  not in vdom mode, and even then, 'execute log' does not have a delete option....the downgrade log, fortianalyzer, and fortiguard are the only arguments available.

hamzahnurirfan

Hello,

i got the same case, the unit have vdom but i login to global vdom and still no execute command there, do you know the solution?

Thank you!

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

lack of execute commands is probably a sign of your admin role priviledge. What is he access profile that's being used for that user?

Also keep in mind that accesprofile reduce the number of "execute" cmds based on that role

e.g "readonly"

FWF90D $ execute  

backup                backup

ping                  PING command.

ping-options          ping-options

ping6                 PINGv6 command.

ping6-options         ping6-options

ssh                   Simple SSH client.

tac                   tac

telnet                Simple telnet client.

traceroute            Traceroute {IP|hostname}.

traceroute-options    traceroute-options

tracert6              Traceroute for IPv6.

usb-device            usb-device

usb-disk              usb-disk

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors