Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
YtseJam
New Contributor III

Power Failure Detected

Hi all,

I always encounter this alert message every time I logon to my Firewall even if I don't reboot it or unplug it. Can someone help me what causing it? or is there a problem on the power source that cause my firewall to act like this. Please refer to attached file.

Any replies will be much appreciated. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
neonbit
Valued Contributor

The firewall has been previously rebooted without it being shut down correctly. The file system may be corrupted because of this.

Just to confirm, have you clicked on 'check the file system'? It will check the file system for any errors and will then remove that alert. If you don't check the file system you'll get that alert every time you login to the gui.

If you have checked it and it keeps giving that alert then it may be something else.

gschmitt
Valued Contributor

neonbit wrote:

[align=left]Just to confirm, have you clicked on 'check the file system'? It will check the file system for any errors and will then remove that alert. If you don't check the file system you'll get that alert every time you login to the gui.[/align][align=left] [/align]

Please keep in mind that the FortiGate will be considered Offline during that check, so inform your staff.

This is a new "Feature" added in 5.2.3, I think.

YtseJam
New Contributor III

I didn't check it yet for my staff are still using internet. Maybe I can do that during saturday and sunday. Anyway, thank you for the replies.

JohnAgora

Any idea on how to run such check from CLI? Thanks!

YtseJam
New Contributor III

In FortiOS 5.2 patch3, the file system check dialogue was introduced in the GUI and it offers the options to restart the unit and perform a file system check or, if desired, to be reminded later for performing the action in a maintenance window. File System check is a feature that is checking if the device was not shutdown properly. It will do a disk scan when the system boots up to avoid any potential file system errors.  In fact,  if the unit was shutdown without using the proper command (#execute shutdown), during the booting sequence, the FortiGate will check internal files for this log event and, if it cannot find it, the message will be shown. This behavior is by design and there is no option to disable this message. The message should no longer be seen once the following actions have been completed: - Check of the file system. - Reboot of the device.

JohnAgora

Hello,

I understand what it does.

Anyhow how can I run such command from the CLI (not GUI)?

Thanks!

andrevitarelli

File System Check Error in Fortigate 5.2.3 and above           In FortiOS 5.2 patch3, the file system check dialogue was introduced in the GUI and it offers the options to restart the unit and perform a file system check or, if desired, to be reminded later for performing the action in a maintenance window. File System check is a feature that is checking if the device was not shutdown properly. It will do a disk scan when the system boots up to avoid any potential file system errors.  In fact, if the unit was shut down without using the proper command (#execute shutdown), during the booting sequence, the FortiGate will check internal files for this log event and, if it cannot find it, the message will be shown. This behavior is by design and there is no option to disable this message. The message should no longer be seen once the following actions have been completed: - Check of the file system. - Reboot of the device.     Syntax (Via Console / CLI)   diagnose system file-system {fscheck | fsfix | fsrebuild | fsreport}   Variable Description Default file-system {fscheck | fsfix | fsrebuild | fsreport} fscheck: Check the log disk consistency by rebooting the system. You can view the results using diagnose file-system fsreport after the reboot. fsfix: Fix non-critical errors on the log disk upon system reboot, and optimize directory structures for ext3 log disk file systems. You can view the results using diagnose file-system fsreport after the reboot. fsrebuild: Rebuild file system from scratches upon system reboot. This action may cause potential data loss. Do not perform this action unless the fsfix report has errors. You can view the results using diagnose file-system fsreport after the reboot. fsreport: Display the results of the fscheck, fsfix, and fsrebuild commands. No     
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors