Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
theG
New Contributor III

Import local fortigate certificate onto Android

Hi guys,

I'm trying to setup SSLVPN with certificate authentication using the default Fortinet_Factory cert. I select "require certificate" option in the SSLVPN settings. I then downloaded the certificate and copied it to my Android device where I then go into the Forticlient app and try to select the certificate from there, but this does not work...gives an error saying "certificate not installed"

Has anyone done a setup like this before? Does it work?

Thanks in advance!

Gino

3 REPLIES 3
hohosecure
New Contributor III

There was a recent article on the Fortinet KB about this, have you followed these steps?

http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=FD37385

Ho-Ho

theG
New Contributor III

Hi hohosecure,

thanks for the reply. I managed to get it working. I ended up having to generate my own certificate through OpenSSL in order to have a private key file and then created a PKCS12 file as well with password to import onto my Android + FGT device. Forticlient is now happy and working with the SSLVPN.

G

safeerc
New Contributor

theG wrote:

Hi hohosecure,

thanks for the reply. I managed to get it working. I ended up having to generate my own certificate through OpenSSL in order to have a private key file and then created a PKCS12 file as well with password to import onto my Android + FGT device. Forticlient is now happy and working with the SSLVPN.

G

Hope you are well.

Could you let me know how you managed to fix the issue. I have a requirement to confgre the SSL vpn for Android based on certificate.

Regards,

Safeer

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors