Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
evelazquez
New Contributor

Control message maximal retransmission limit reached and AP SUNWELL failed.

We have many disconnections of the FortiAp 222B with its controller (Fortigate 500D). The event message is the next: - Control message maximal retransmission limit reached You can see the event in the next image:

We have more FortiAp in the same network working well Has Someone had this error and know the solution?

5 REPLIES 5
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

Is it possible that one of your APs is called Sunwell? 

evelazquez
New Contributor

Yes, the name of the FortiAP 222B is SUNWELL.

Sorry but not be clear about that.

gschmitt
Valued Contributor

Could you try connecting Sunwell to your fortigate directly just to make sure this isn't an issue in the existing infrastructure between the two?

Sumanth_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Is this AP connected directly or remotely ?

yferreira
New Contributor II

I had the same problem.

And the problem was solved disabling "Spectrum Analysis" feature. We had 2 choices. Disable or fine tune. In my case, I'm not using "Rogue AP" and then I disabled that.

FortiOS Handbook for FortiOS 5.2 During heavy AP traffic, it is possible for Spectrum Analysis background scanning to cause lost packets when the radio switches to monitoring. To reduce the probability of lost packets, you can set the CLI ap-bgscan-idle field to delay the switch to monitoring until the AP has been idle for a specified period. This means that heavy AP traffic may slow background scanning. The following CLI example configures default background rogue scanning operation except that it sets apbgscan- idle to require 100ms of AP inactivity before scanning the next channel. config wireless-controller wtp-profile edit ourprofile config radio-1 set wids-profile ourwidsprofile set spectrum-analysis enable end end config wireless-controller wids-profile edit ourwidsprofile set ap-scan enable set rogue-scan enable set ap-bgscan-period 300 set ap-bgscan-intv 1 set ap-bgscan-duration 20 set ap-bgscan-idle 100 end

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors