LockedHot!Welcome to the FortiGateCloud IOC Service Forum

Author
RaymondC_FTNT
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Reward points: 0
2015/06/09 15:34:30 (permalink)

Welcome to the FortiGateCloud IOC Service Forum

The purpose of the FortiGateCloud IOC Service forum is to introduce and promote this new service. Feel free to ask questions and provide feedback about the service.

Here is an FAQ introduction of our service.

What is the FortiGateCloud IOC?
FortiGateCloud IOC is a new service that alerts administrators about newly-found infections and threats to devices in their network. By analyzing UTM logging and activity, the service can provide a comprehensive overview of threats to the network.

What kind of threats can the FortiGateCloud IOC Service detect?
It can detect three types of threats, based on our evolving FortiGuard database:
• Malware - Malicious programs residing on infected endpoints.
• PUP - Potentially unwanted programs, such as Spyware, Adware, and toolbars.
• Unknown - Threats detected by signature but not associated with any known malware.

How do I get access to the Service?
It is currently being developed as a beta, and will be rolled out to existing FortiGateCloud customers over time. In order to be eligible for the Service, we require that you upload your UTM logs to FortiGateCloud.

Does the FortiGateCloud IOC Service require a subscription?
The basic form of the Service is free, which will alert you to threats and automatically prepare a comprehensive threat report.

You can purchase a subscription for the complete FortiGateCloud IOC Service by opening the Plan page in the FortiGateCloud TDS site, selecting ‘Buy Online’, and completing the purchase process. A subscription grants you access to IP Whitelisting, which allows you to narrow your malware search by excluding safe IPs and domains, and Alert Emails, which notify you directly of
detected network threats. It will also allow you to view the IPs of infected devices, allowing you to better control their access to your network.

I received a threat notification. I checked the AVLogs but could not find anything. Why is that so?
Malware is a constantly evolving threat. Antivirus serves to prevent the infection, but sometimes malware will go through and infects a Windows PC machine.  Once infected, the machine behaves abnormally. It could contact malicious websites to receive commands to perform malicious actions such as uploading sensitive user passwords, or download and install other malware. These events could go unnoticed by the antivirus service. That is why you could not see any events in the AVLog.

Examples of attack vectors:
  • External/Removable Media: Malware spreading from an infected USB flash drive
  • Email: An attack executed through an email message attachment disguised as a PDF file, or word document.
  • Improper Usage: An authorized user installed software in violation of an organization's usage policies. For example, installing file sharing software, and other free software with bundled malware/spyware leading to loss of sensitive data or performing illegal activities on a system.
FortiGateCloud IOC is a post-infection solution. We detect infected or highly suspicious devices in your network and notify you about them. As a result, you can clean up the infected device, and minimize your business risk. If you upgrade to Pro plan, you will instantly see which machines are infected. Otherwise, you will need to search your AVLogs and other network logs such as WebFilter URL logs.

How do I register my subscription code, once I’ve purchased one?
You will receive your subscription code by email. Visit the Fortinet Support portal at http://support.fortinet.com, and log into your customer account. On the Asset page, register the subscription code as if it were a product serial number, and then enter the serial number of the FortiGateCloud-connected device that you want the service to monitor.

Are licenses stackable by time?
You can buy FortiGateCloud IOC for the same device one after another and it increases the entitlement period.

Will Register/Renew on the Support Site filter FortiGate model ranges based on the SKU?
Yes it will.

Do I need a FortiGateCloud license before I can buy FortiGateCloud IOC Service?
No. FortiGateCloud IOC Service license can work without FortiGateCloud license. FortiGateCloud free account users can just buy TDS license to get Pro features.
post edited by joezhou_FTNT - 2019/06/14 10:00:23
joezhou_FTNT
  • Total Posts : 0
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Welcome to the FortiCloud IOC Service Forum 2019/04/11 13:12:35 (permalink)
RaymondC_FTNT
The purpose of the FortiCloud IOC Service forum is to introduce and promote this new service. Feel free to ask questions and provide feedback about the service.

Here is an FAQ introduction of our service.

What is the FortiCloud IOC?
FortiCloud IOC is a new service that alerts administrators about newly-found infections and threats to devices in their network. By analyzing UTM logging and activity, the service can provide a comprehensive overview of threats to the network.

What kind of threats can the FortiCloud IOC Service detect?
It can detect three types of threats, based on our evolving FortiGuard database:
• Malware - Malicious programs residing on infected endpoints.
• PUP - Potentially unwanted programs, such as Spyware, Adware, and toolbars.
• Unknown - Threats detected by signature but not associated with any known malware.

How do I get access to the Service?
It is currently being developed as a beta, and will be rolled out to existing FortiCloud customers over time. In order to be eligible for the Service, we require that you upload your UTM logs to FortiCloud.

Does the FortiCloud IOC Service require a subscription?
The basic form of the Service is free, which will alert you to threats and automatically prepare a comprehensive threat report.

You can purchase a subscription for the complete FortiCloud IOC Service by opening the Plan page in the FortiCloud TDS site, selecting ‘Buy Online’, and completing the purchase process. A subscription grants you access to IP Whitelisting, which allows you to narrow your malware search by excluding safe IPs and domains, and Alert Emails, which notify you directly of
detected network threats. It will also allow you to view the IPs of infected devices, allowing you to better control their access to your network.

I received a threat notification. I checked the AVLogs but could not find anything. Why is that so?
Malware is a constantly evolving threat. Antivirus serves to prevent the infection, but sometimes malware will go through and infects a Windows PC machine.  Once infected, the machine behaves abnormally. It could contact malicious websites to receive commands to perform malicious actions such as uploading sensitive user passwords, or download and install other malware. These events could go unnoticed by the antivirus service. That is why you could not see any events in the AVLog.

Examples of attack vectors:
  • External/Removable Media: Malware spreading from an infected USB flash drive
  • Email: An attack executed through an email message attachment disguised as a PDF file, or word document.
  • Improper Usage: An authorized user installed software in violation of an organization's usage policies. For example, installing file sharing software, and other free software with bundled malware/spyware leading to loss of sensitive data or performing illegal activities on a system.
FortiCloud IOC is a post-infection solution. We detect infected or highly suspicious devices in your network and notify you about them. As a result, you can clean up the infected device, and minimize your business risk. If you upgrade to Pro plan, you will instantly see which machines are infected. Otherwise, you will need to search your AVLogs and other network logs such as WebFilter URL logs.

How do I register my subscription code, once I’ve purchased one?
You will receive your subscription code by email. Visit the Fortinet Support portal at http://support.fortinet.com, and log into your customer account. On the Asset page, register the subscription code as if it were a product serial number, and then enter the serial number of the FortiCloud-connected device that you want the service to monitor.

Are licenses stackable by time?
You can buy FortiCloud IOC for the same device one after another and it increases the entitlement period.

Will Register/Renew on the Support Site filter FortiGate model ranges based on the SKU?
Yes it will.

Do I need a FortiCloud license before I can buy FortiCloud IOC Service?
No. FortiCloud IOC Service license can work without FortiCloud license. Forticloud free account users can just buy TDS license to get Pro features.

Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5