Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gilbile_nilesh
New Contributor

google search engine logs are not displyed

Hi,

we have configured cyberoam iview as syslog server for collecting the logs and making reports for the office.

but i m unable to get the logs for the google search (i.e whenever user search any words in google search engine then that exact words need tobe displayed in the logs under google search )

in my previous organization we used cyberoam 300i and iview syslog server for collecting logs and their i was getting the search engine  logs.

so please let me know if any setting is their where i can enable the option and i can get the logs for the search engine. 

3 REPLIES 3
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

See log-search under webfilter profile (link is for 5.0).  Feature may not work if Fortigate is not performing ssl inspection.

config webfilter profile
    edit <name_str>
        log-search {enable | disable}
    next
end

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
gilbile_nilesh

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked  configuration on the firewall & all option are set according to the above commands. also ssl

inspection is enabled on that policy.

but still i m unable to get that logs.

according to the fortinet technical support team, fortigate firewall don't support  search engine logs

on third party syslog server.

if anybody knows any tricks to enable the same then please let me know.  

Big_Abe

Hey all.  

I'm bringing this one back from the dead.  Ditto - Anyone getting search engine keywords in their syslog?

FCNSP

-------------------------------------

"They have us surrounded again, those poor bastards."

-Unnamed Medic

FCNSP ------------------------------------- "They have us surrounded again, those poor bastards." -Unnamed Medic
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors