Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Antonio_O
New Contributor

I cant block Hangouts

Hello everyone, i am new here and my english it no soo good :\

I try to block hangouts using "application control" with "web filtering" i cant block this application for a long time... After a few minutes the following happens.

My license of "application control" is expired. Can that be the reason?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_McMullan

Depending on how new the signature is, maybe. I can't see that information like I can for virus signatures on FortiGuard.com. If you have an old-enough firmware version, the initial database may not have the signature yet.

BUT...the FortiGuard Encyclopedia entry for Hangouts mentions that SSL inspection needs to be enabled in order to detect the application in FortiOS 5.0 and above.

Do you have deep inspection enabled as well on the policy governing Hangouts traffic?

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

Antonio_O

Currently has The Same settings " ssl inspection " with applications such as youtube, and if blocked . I can not set " deep inspection" because I blocks mail exchange by selecting port 443 .

Thanks

Christopher_McMullan

In 5.2, you can exempt certain sites or categories from deep inspection. You should try that, if you want to also block Hangouts and other similar apps using TCP port 443.

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

Sally
New Contributor

I try to block hangouts using "application control" with "web filtering" i cant block this application for a long time... After a few minutes the following happens. I want you to unblock my hangout for me to be able to chat on hangouts
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors