Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Martín
New Contributor

"memory traffic log is 95% full" - Fortigate 200B

This problem persist to me:  "memory traffic log is 95% full", although if i make this commands:

config log memory setting           set diskfull overwrite

Any idea? Thanks!

3 Solutions
Christopher_McMullan

That looks properly configured, actually. There are warning thresholds set when the log memory approaches being full. If you have set the FortiGate to overwrite the oldest file once it reaches a certain age or size, it will simply delete the oldest file and open a new one. The threshold alerts shouldn't be anything to get alarmed about.

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

View solution in original post

Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

It can not disable , but it can change setting at :

config log memory global-setting     set max-size 163840     set full-first-warning-threshold 75     set full-second-warning-threshold 90     set full-final-warning-threshold 95 end

If you increase max-size, it may have less chance to report this event log, thanks.

Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

<When i get these "memory traffic log is 95% full" the Fortigate block my GUI conections.>

That should be a bug, one way you may disable "traffic log " on policy, heavy  traffic log to memory is useless. Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_McMullan

That looks properly configured, actually. There are warning thresholds set when the log memory approaches being full. If you have set the FortiGate to overwrite the oldest file once it reaches a certain age or size, it will simply delete the oldest file and open a new one. The threshold alerts shouldn't be anything to get alarmed about.

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

config log memory global-setting     set max-size 163840     set full-first-warning-threshold 75     set full-second-warning-threshold 90     set full-final-warning-threshold 95 end

If you increase max-size, it may have less chance to report this event log, thanks.

Martín

Jeff_FTNT wrote:

config log memory global-setting    set max-size 163840    set full-first-warning-threshold 75    set full-second-warning-threshold 90    set full-final-warning-threshold 95 end

Hi Jeff_FTNT, thanks for reply. When i get these "memory traffic log is 95% full" the Fortigate block my GUI conections. If i increase the max-size, i only delays carrying the problem, it will relock. How can avoid this? The logs increase very quickly.

Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

<When i get these "memory traffic log is 95% full" the Fortigate block my GUI conections.>

That should be a bug, one way you may disable "traffic log " on policy, heavy  traffic log to memory is useless. Thanks.

Martín

Jeff_FTNT wrote:

Yes, something is wrong with the firewall, i not use the memory log often, so i'll disabled it, and use only syslog server.

Thanks for reply

Martín

Yes, something is wrong with the firewall, i not use the memory log often. I'll disabled it i use only syslog server.

Thanks for reply

makco10

Hello,

Other option is change the inspection mode from Proxy mode to Flow-Based.

Proxy : More security more resources

Flow-based: Less resources but you lose features like DLP.

In the new FortiOS 6.2 you can merge the inspection modes by policy :)

Regards.

Defend Your Enterprise Network With Fortigate Next Generation Firewall
Defend Your Enterprise Network With Fortigate Next Generation Firewall
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors