Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Raquel_Rellebo
New Contributor

iPhone IPSEC VPN not resolving hostname

Hi Guys,

I have issue with resolving a hostname using iPhone built in ipsec vpn. I was connected and was able to ping the ip address of the network but if we are accessing via hostname, it was not being resolve. I already configured the internal DNS in the phase-1 field but no success. Tried testing it in laptop using Cisco VPN Client and it works, the hostname was resolved.

Please let me know what configuration I missed so that I can make it work.

Thanks in Advance!

Raquel

1 Solution
tracyleon
New Contributor

Using vpn iphone is best choice for all users this will allow all the users to access all kind of blocked stuff on iphone..Vpn for iphone is best option for all those who have accessing issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tracyleon
New Contributor

Using vpn iphone is best choice for all users this will allow all the users to access all kind of blocked stuff on iphone..Vpn for iphone is best option for all those who have accessing issue.

HancieC

Agreed! VPN is a good privacy app for iPhone. I look for positive reviews rather go for any big name but issues related to iphone IPSec VPN considerable addressed by most of the top VPNs.

I am already using and the biggest advantage of ExpressVPN App or any other reputable app for iPhone is that it protects your devices from data theft, hacking or spying.

Users recommendations and ratings

Users recommendations and ratings
tanr
Valued Contributor II

Just to confirm, you're not doing split tunneling?

patrickjburt

tracyleon wrote:

Totally agree with you, i m also using purevpn ios vpn app for all of my ios devices at home or in the office. No issues at all, using it since last year...

brittany

For my iPhone, I just used a VPN name "NordVPN". It's the best work for me. You should give it a try it's free for a limited time and works absolutely fine. Here are some reviews https://vpn.review/best-vpn-providers-iphone/ I found for iPhone VPN.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors