Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kelv1n
New Contributor

Where to get a 60C replacement power supply

Hi Guys

Does anybody know where I can purchase a replacement power supply from? Or a "name" for the type of power supply?

Preferably looking for a UK supplier, but happy to purchase from elsewhere as long as they can ship to the UK.

Thanks

1 Solution
2Sheds_Jackson

...resurrecting an ancient thread here...but it was useful to me as a starting point. 

I've been looking for a replacement PSU and discovered these are difficult to find (often out of stock), and expensive.

Regarding kelv1n's post above - the connector on the unit requires a Molex 2 row Mini-Fit Jr connector. However, as SecureLayers-Eric pointed out, if you simply buy the female connector, you'd need a tool to put the wires into the plastic connector...which is indeed a pain.

My solution was to buy a Molex connector assembly (i.e. a 1 meter pigtail with the connector & wires already inserted, with  an insulating jacket)...I got mine from Mouser Electronics, "Molex 245135-0210" - some solder, heat shrink, and an old power supply with the proper specs...I spent under $10 rather than an insane $55 for a unit on eBay. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Really, ebay is properly the best choice for a 50-60C models. In fact you can use just about any 12-13volt center pin "pos" for these devices.

I'm using another vendor powersupply on my fortianalyzer and I bought back in the mid 2000s a stack of AC/DC power supplies that I've used on fortigates, SRXs , Sonicwall and even my ham radio QRP gear.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
kelv1n
New Contributor

A center-pin power supply won't fit. 

Its got an odd adapter, similar to the 60D's, not sure how to describe it, its rectangular with 2 male pins -

neonbit
Valued Contributor

You can order the replacement power supply from any Fortinet reseller/distributor.

The SKU for the power adapter is below:

SP-FG60C-PDCPower Adaptor for FG/FWF-40C and FG/FWF-60C, FG/FWF-60D and FG/FWF-90D. Does not include power cord, please order separately if required.

kelv1n
New Contributor

Thanks you :)

FatalHalt

Just wanted to confirm what other folks were saying. Note that this Adapter uses the C6 inlet, so it's not your 'standard' power cord which is a C14. The power cord you can most likely find on any electronics retailer, and the adapter probably places that sell networking equipment (unsure if CDW, etc supply to the UK).

Adapter:

SKU: SP-FG60C-PDC 

Description: AC power adaptor for FG/FWF-40C, FG/FWF-60C, FG/FWF-60D/-POE, FG-70D, FG/FWF-90D/-POE

Power Cord:

SKU: SP-FG60CPCOR-UK

Description: Power cord, C6 inlet, UK for FG/FWF-40C, FG/FWF-60C, FG/FWF-60D, FG-70D, FG-80D & FG/FWF-90D

2Sheds_Jackson

...resurrecting an ancient thread here...but it was useful to me as a starting point. 

I've been looking for a replacement PSU and discovered these are difficult to find (often out of stock), and expensive.

Regarding kelv1n's post above - the connector on the unit requires a Molex 2 row Mini-Fit Jr connector. However, as SecureLayers-Eric pointed out, if you simply buy the female connector, you'd need a tool to put the wires into the plastic connector...which is indeed a pain.

My solution was to buy a Molex connector assembly (i.e. a 1 meter pigtail with the connector & wires already inserted, with  an insulating jacket)...I got mine from Mouser Electronics, "Molex 245135-0210" - some solder, heat shrink, and an old power supply with the proper specs...I spent under $10 rather than an insane $55 for a unit on eBay. 

journeyman

We don't use the power supply out of the box and I have dozens lying around if that helps anyone.

faherne

Hi journeyman, I'd be very interested in getting my hands on one of those power supplies. How can I get in contact with you?
FortiRack_Eric
New Contributor III

the name for the connector is a 2pin Molex connector. The issue is however you would need a special tool to connect the pins to the wire. Replacement power supply is much easier. :)

Rackmount your Fortinet --> http://www.rackmount.it/fortirack

Rackmount your Fortinet --> http://www.rackmount.it/fortirack
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors