Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

FortiAP vs. FortiGate Firmware Compatability

We purchased a FortiGate 60D and two FortiAP 221C's. With the firewall running firmware version 9.0.10 the AP's would not broadcast a wireless signal. We could activate them in the FortiGate 60D, but they would not turn green or broadcast a wireless signal. Instead of showing a Status of Online, they said that they were searching. We upgraded the firmware to 10.2.2 and the AP's began to work.

Things are running well now but I'm not sure if future firmware upgrades on the FortiGate or AP might break something due to compatibility issues. Does anyone know of a compatibility list provided by Fortinet that would show what FortiAP / FortiGate models and respective firmware versions are compatible?

6 REPLIES 6
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Can you confirm those FortiOS firmware versions?

SecurityPlus
Contributor II

I believe that the firmware of the AP is 5.2 build 490.

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

SecurityPlus wrote:

Does anyone know of a compatibility list provided by Fortinet that would show what FortiAP / FortiGate models and respective firmware versions are compatible?

Just read the firmware patch notes for both the Fortigate and AP's current and future firmware release -- the compatibility/supported device/firmware will be listed somewhere under Product Integration and Support section.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
SecurityPlus
Contributor II

Dave,

Thanks for your help. I looked at the section you referred me to for each of the most recent firmware versions of the AP. Big help!

Dave_Hall

Similar to the upgrade path document, Fortinet should put together a single chart showing the firmware compatibility between the "big four" fortinet devices (Fortigate/wifi, FortiAP, FortiManger, FortiAnalyzer) and list the proper sequence for firmware upgading between the four.

adogra
New Contributor

On a same boat.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors