Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
magnum2000
New Contributor

How to access with Admin account to FortiWiFi 20C without the FortiToken?

Hi All,

I have recently enabled a FortiToken for my Admin account, but I have not received the activation email (the SMTP was correctly entered in the settings), so now I'm unable to log-in to my FortiWiFi 20C.

There is a way to fix this problem (may be via USB-serial terminal)?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

As far as I am aware, you'll need to use the FortiExplorer software to connect to the USB Management Port, which you can download via the support site.  Page 17 of the user guide explains how to connect to the virtual console.

Edit: if you are not able to login via your normal admin account, you could try logging in via the maintainer account. (The password reset document outlines the steps on how to use this account, though some users on this forum report having issues in breaking into the BIOS/boot menu on the 20C.)

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
magnum2000

Dave Hall wrote:

As far as I am aware, you'll need to use the FortiExplorer software to connect to the USB Management Port, which you can download via the support site.  Page 17 of the user guide explains how to connect to the virtual console.

Edit: if you are not able to login via your normal admin account, you could try logging in via the maintainer account. (The password reset document outlines the steps on how to use this account, though some users on this forum report having issues in breaking into the BIOS/boot menu on the 20C.)

Hi,

the maintainer account doesn't works.

There is a way to factory reset this device?

There is a reset button, but seems that it doesn't works.

magnum2000

No one knows how to fix this problem?

Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

The Reset pinhole should work, though not sure under what conditions; there was one person on here with the same/similar issue (use the search option at the top of this page) -- he indicated having to press/hold the reset 2-3 times (not sure how long? 30 secs?) before it took.  Also, I'm not sure if the reset option only works when you first plug the unit it nor not.

If the unit still has a valid subscription -- I say open a support ticket.

magnum2000

Hi, I found the solution myself. You need to keep pressed the reset hole during the boot process for more than 5 sec. (I pressed it for about 20 sec.)

Thanks

magnum2000
New Contributor

Thanks, I will follow your tips.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors