Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vimarty
New Contributor

FortiClient SSL VPN error 7006

FortiClient v5.09

hello, after installing FortiClient SSL VPN client, I get the following error in Windows XP and Windows 7: "Your PC does not meet the host checking requirements set by the firewall. Please check that your OS version or antivirus et firewall applications are installed and running properly or you have the right network interface. (-7006)" I disabled my antivirus and Windows firewall and Windows Defender, but the problem persists. Could you help me on this? Thank you and good day. Martial.

5 REPLIES 5
chabin972
New Contributor

Hello,

Have you solved this issue? I have the same issue, can you give us more information on your solution?

thank you in advance.

Chabin972

vimarty wrote:

FortiClient v5.09

hello, after installing FortiClient SSL VPN client, I get the following error in Windows XP and Windows 7: "Your PC does not meet the host checking requirements set by the firewall. Please check that your OS version or antivirus et firewall applications are installed and running properly or you have the right network interface. (-7006)" I disabled my antivirus and Windows firewall and Windows Defender, but the problem persists. Could you help me on this? Thank you and good day. Martial.

rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

chabin972 wrote:

Hello,

Have you solved this issue? I have the same issue, can you give us more information on your solution?

thank you in advance.

Chabin972

vimarty wrote:

FortiClient v5.09

Did you read the above? It appears the firewall proprietor is requiring a certain level of AV and/or OS and your system is not meeting the requirements. Turning those off is going in the wrong direction. Find out what the minimum requirements are and either upgrade to meet them or ask the firewall admin to relax those policies.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
AndreaSoliva
Contributor III

Hi

what I can say is that message comes (not 100% sure but is exact this messag) form host checking feature of FGT this means you can do following on the FGT to check if the user which would like to access full fills the requirements (SSL VPN on FGT checks this):

# config vpn ssl web portal        # edit [Name des entsprechenden Portals im Web Mode/Tunnel Mode]        # set os-check [enable | disable]        # config os-check-list [windows-7 | windows-8 | windows-8.1 | windows-2000 | windows-vista | windows-xp]        # set action [check-up-to-date | deny | allow]        # set latest-patch-level [1 - 255]        # set tolerance 1        # end        # end

The same stuff can also be done by not using Host Check instead using Registry Check:

# config vpn ssl web host-check-software        # edit [Name für den Registry Check]        # config check-item-list        # edit [Gebe einen entsprechenden Integer an zB "1"]        # set target [Gebe den entsprechenden Registry Key an zB "HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Something\\Example"]        # set type registry        # next        # end        # next        # end

What is important in both possibilities is that on the user machine must be installed one of the following:

- FortiClient SSL-VPN        - SSL-VPN Client ActiveX        - SSL-VPN Client Java Mode

if this is not the case following will be shown

Fortinet-1371.jpg                

Hope this helps

have fun

Andrea

gutimondra
New Contributor

I have the same problem

rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Really? This is a 2 year old post. Talk about shaking the dust off of something. The firmware levels have changed. I would start a new thread on this with your current firmware and software versions. No one answered this satisfactorily, so a new one may get better results.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors