Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jasonhilt
New Contributor

View real time logs

Just updated to 5.0.9 on our Fortianalyzer 1000c and can't seem to find where to view the real time logs as they come across.

I use this feature to live monitor student activity at times.  

Where can I see the real time logs?

1 Solution
scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, Jasonhilt:

On FAZ, pls enter "FortiView" tab and in left tree, there has "Log View" section in bottom, enter "Log View", then choose a log type, for example, traffic log, then in right side, there has a "Tools", button, click and you will see "Real-Time Log" function

Thanks

Simon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, Jasonhilt:

On FAZ, pls enter "FortiView" tab and in left tree, there has "Log View" section in bottom, enter "Log View", then choose a log type, for example, traffic log, then in right side, there has a "Tools", button, click and you will see "Real-Time Log" function

Thanks

Simon

Jasonhilt

Wow....that was easy...Not sure how I missed that.  Probably due to all the other problems I had just trying to get the analyzer and fortigate to talk to each other.

Thanks a bunch!!!!

Baptiste

scao_FTNT wrote:

Hi, Jasonhilt:

Thanks

Simon

Thanks, I was also looking at Log View.

IMO bottom is not the best place for a tab, especially when there is only one.

I konw it's same design on FG, but there's more tabs so you can't miss them

2 FGT 100D  + FTK200

3 FGT 60E  FAZ VM  some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E

2 FGT 100D + FTK200 3 FGT 60E FAZ VM some FAP 210B/221C/223C/321C/421E
scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

IMO bottom is not the best place for a tab, especially when there is only one.

-- Hi, Baptiste, in 5.2.1, we will add a new "Custom View" section in left tree that bottm, thus left tree will have 3 items, may improve this display

Summary View

Log View

Custom View

thanks

Simon

wolfiru
New Contributor

I have an FortiAnalyzer-200D which I migrated back to Firmware 5.0.6 after having problems with Firmware 5.2.x

Since that, nothing is displayed in the "Log View" window. There's only a white page and the left menu under "Log View" is also empty and nothing is displayed.

I've tried to do an factory reset, but also without success. Nothing is displayed any more.

I am not sure, what else I could try. Any hints? Thank you,

Wolfgang

scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, Wolfgang

Downgrade FAZ from 5.2 to 5.0, we need to reset + format

exec reset all-settings

exec format disk-ext4

then you can restore old backup (backup from 5.0.6)

Thanks

Simon

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors