Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
daveteoh
New Contributor

Apple IPAD cannot access to internet, captive portal

Hi all gurus, my office is using fortigate 90D and uses fortiguard for web filtering. filtering rules applied to SSO user and guest users. currently there is a user reported they cannot access to wifi internet by ipad. Error as below:- The URL you requested has been blocked URL = captive.apple.com/hotspot-detect.html i have tried to allow captive.apple.com as allowed website in the list but it still prompt for the error. using other mobile devices to connect has no issues. anyone encounter this before can help? Regards, Dave Teoh
4 REPLIES 4
Adrian_Buckley_FTNT

It depends on the reason for the page being blocked. ' Allow' only allows the site for that SPECIFIC check. (ie: Web URL filtering, but not FortiGuard category filtering). Depending on what you have enabled it could be getting blocked by a different check. Check the logs to find out what exactly is blocking it, and why. The allow it where it is blocked. You could also use an EXEMPT action, but that would bypass ALL further checks and my not be what you want.
lucas450

First, try using a VPN, if it does not work then try to use update the browser, I am pretty sure that it is a problem with the internet and not with the device.

iPhone Error 4013
iosman123
New Contributor

thanks my issue has been fixed..

harleywatsan
New Contributor

Try a VPN first, and if that doesn't work, try updating the browser. I'm very confident the issue is with the internet rather than the device.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors