Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kenundrum
Contributor III

Transfer Fortiguard?

Is it possible to transfer a FortiGuard subscription to another person/company? As in, are the subscriptions tied more to the device or to the owner/account? I bought a used fortigate device to use at my house and it appears to be registered under the previous owner still and has an active subscription to fortiguard services. Can i transfer the device registration to my account and keep the fortiguard services?

CISSP, NSE4

CISSP, NSE4
3 REPLIES 3
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Ideally you will want the previous owner to add your email address to their account on the Fortinet site that the unit is registered under, or if they already have given you their (master) account details, just log into the Fortinet website and create a new account for yourself. After this, submit a ticket to have the unit transferred to your new account. We had to do this some years back when our company found out several of our fgts were registered under a former employee' s email address -- but in that case we went through our local fgt dealer, who pretty much did the above steps for us. Edit: subscriptions are tied to the device, but device ownership is tied to the account which the device is is registered under.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Everything Dave said is spot-on. I want to add, you might be asked for proof of purchase ( PO#, Invoice,etc.....) Another option, is for the master to create a sub-acct w/limited access for you and that one device. When the subscriptions expires just have them request thru TAC to transfer it to your own acct. We did something like that when we sold assets off to another company when we split. This was much simpler than trying to sort thru 80+ devices.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Admin_FTNT

Fortinet support is only available for products which have been purchased directly from Fortinet authorized channels.  Products not purchased from Fortinet authorized channels are not eligible, and cannot be supported   This includes:

[ul]
  • Used products purchased through any second hand marketplace (including online stores and auction sites).[/ul][ul]
  • New products purchased through any marketplace (including online stores and auction sites) where the seller is not an authorized Fortinet partner.[/ul]

For more information please refer to the Fortinet Legal page.

• Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors