Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
adlujoe
New Contributor

Input value is invalid

I get an " Input value is invalid" error when trying to switch from NAT to Transparent Mode
5 REPLIES 5
rwdorman
New Contributor III

Usually that error means there is something dependent in your configuration on the option that you are changing. (it can appear in many situations and is one of the least helpful FGT error messages IMHO) Going from NAT to transparent is a pretty fundamental change. Is this box in production? If not, I would recommend wiping to a factory config, changing to transparent before doing any other config and then continuing

-rd 2x 200D Clusters 1x 100D

1x 60D FortiOS 5.2 FortiAP 221C FAZ 200D

-rd 2x 200D Clusters 1x 100D 1x 60D FortiOS 5.2 FortiAP 221C FAZ 200D
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

I agree that doing a ' exec factoryreset' will be the most efficient way to do this. But be aware that even after a factoryreset, you might need to remove policies or such. Some stuff is configured by default, namely a DHCP server on ' internal' , a policy ' internal' to ' wan' and some address objects (as far as I remember).

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
adlujoe
New Contributor

I had done a reset but did not remove any of the default polices. I will give that a try and let you know. Thanks again for your help.
adlujoe
New Contributor

besides a factoryrest I had to clean up a bunch of the default configs like ede-pfau sugguested. My device is now in Transparent mode. Thanks for all your help.
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Had this same issue upon upgrading a FGT to 5.2.1. When I tried to enable transparent mode via the CLI it complained that it couldn' t because WAN1 had auto-ipsec enabled:
allowaccess of interface wan1 can' t enable auto-ipsec in transparent mode.
 node_check_object fail! for opmode transparent
 Attribute ' opmode'  value ' transparent'  checkingfail -651
 Command fail. Return code -651
I disabled the ' Auto IPSEC request' administrative access option for both WAN1 and WAN2 and was then able to change to transparent mode. So for 5.2.1 I was able to leave the default policies, DHCP server and addresses, but needed to disable the auto ipsec request on the wan interfaces.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors