Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Sebastian_reyeM
New Contributor

Unable to uninstall forticlient (FortiClientSetup_5.2.1.0605_x64) on Windows 8.1

Hi, haw do I have to uninstall forticlient on a Windows 8.1 computer? I' m unable to shutdown the forticlient (" shutdown forticlient" is inactive) and the software panel shows " repair" only. The FCremove Tool tells me to shutdown the client first which doesn' t work. I' m a bit confused about this situation. Please, can someone give me a hint? Best regards, Sebastian
1 Solution
kolawale_FTNT

The " shutdown FortiClient" menu item is disabled when: - registered to a FortiGate - settings is locked with a password - logged in as a non-administrator FortiClient cannot be uninstalled in any of these cases.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Warren_Olson_FTNT

You should be able to uninstall via the Programs control panel applet in windows, I' ve done it a few times lately testing various builds. If you only have a repair option there, then you may want to repair the install first then see if you can use uninstall afterwards.
kolawale_FTNT

The " shutdown FortiClient" menu item is disabled when: - registered to a FortiGate - settings is locked with a password - logged in as a non-administrator FortiClient cannot be uninstalled in any of these cases.
Chris_Lin_FTNT

When it cannot be uninstalled, you can back up FortiClient config, take a look, there maybe some indication why it cannot be uninstalled.
Istvan_Takacs_FTNT

Try to run Microsoft FixIt. It might be able to help with your issue. Fix problems that programs cannot be installed or uninstalled http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/en You can also try the free to use CCleaner available for Windows 8.1, that can do a good job of keeping your Windows clean.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors