Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ajsemple7
New Contributor

Logon error ipad app

I' m trying to login on my ipad for the first time and i am sure server and user name and passwords are correct as i use them on my android tablet and it works. the massage reads: " login error: Could not load bookmarks" what have i missed on the set up?
13 REPLIES 13
Mark_Oakton
Contributor

Can you give some info regarding the setup and what you are trying to access, portal?
Infosec Partners
Infosec Partners
ajsemple7
New Contributor

while we are out the office we log onto the work servers via Forticlient, the portal we are using is 10443. my notebook (windows 8.1) and samsung tablets are working well but the ipad is giving an error.
Scott_Smith
New Contributor

I am getting the same error on all of our iOS devices as well. The Forticlient App on Android connects without error as does the PC SSL-Client. However whenever we try it on an iOS device we get a Login Error " Could Not load bookmarks" as on the attached screen shot.
Chris_Lin_FTNT

You can send FortiGate config to forticlient-feedback@fortinet.com. They can help you take a look.
Istvan_Takacs_FTNT

It unfortunately won' t help you, but the AppStore is full of many quite furious sometimes raging reviews about the bad quality of this iOS application that limits the use only to a broken web browser. If it' s working on Android than that' s good, but the iOS version seems to desperately in need for some love from the developers.
ajsemple7
New Contributor

we this is a real pain, forticlient is proving to be a real bad choice OpenVPN worked much better
Chris_Lin_FTNT

You can connect OpenVPN with FortiGate and open bookmarks? How did you do that?
Istvan_Takacs_FTNT

Apparently you can with some 3rd party help, but not on iOS. I' ve seen some company developing solution around OpenVPN to use it with Juniper/Cisco/Fortigate and their promise is that you can use it with tunnel/web mode VPN. Haven' t tried myself though, just remember that I' ve seen them somewhere. If you' re interested, Google can help I' m sure.
ajsemple7
New Contributor

i dont know if you can link fortyclient and openVPN. we used to use Cisco routers linking into our servers via openVPN which worked well. Now we change to fortyclient routers which works ok but we have lost some functionally. I think we moved over for security reasons, which is working because no one can link! (ok, only the apple users cant)
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors