Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
satyams
New Contributor

Configuration Backup

Hi Can some body confirm me the command from CLI to take full configuration back of this device (Fortianalyzer 4000B version 5.0.6). Appreciate you help. thanks Satya
9 REPLIES 9
AtiT
Valued Contributor

Hi According to release notes for version 5.0.6 it should be: Optionally, you can backup the configuration file to a FTP, SFTP, or SCP server using the following CLI command: execute backup all-settings {ftp | sftp} <server IP address> <path/filename to the server> <user name on server> <password> [cryptpasswd] execute backup all-settings scp <server IP address> <path/filename to the server> <user name on server> <SSH certificate> <crptpassrd> I tried the FTP command and it worked for me.

AtiT

AtiT
satyams
New Contributor

Is there any CLI command that see the configuration on the device itself? e.g ' sh run' on cisco devices Satya
pcraponi
Contributor II

# show full-configuration If you want disable the " -- More --" # config system console # set output standard # end regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
satyams
New Contributor

I tried this command is not working on this model.
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Currently do not have access to our Fortianalyzer to confirm this, but I think you need to switch to global first then perform the above mentioned steps. eg. config global show full-configuration

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
satyams
New Contributor

Just running “show” command displaying the configuration. For Backup via ftp/sftp, can we specify the filename to be used? because when I try to specify the filename it gives below error. test# execute backup all-settings sftp 192.168.2.2 test.tmp user password Starting backup all settings in background, Please wait. test # Starting transfer the backup file to FTP server... Error rename file: /var/fwcl1ienttemp/fmg_cl1ibackup.dat to ./test.tmp Failed to backup all-settings due to SFTP transaction! Backup all settings...Failed.
FortiOSman
New Contributor III

FAZ 100C 5.2.7

typing 'show' at the console will show the running config

FortiOSman

Up, Up, and Away!

sotir1984
New Contributor II

I know that it's an old post, but for future:

execute backup all-settings sftp 10.1.14.88 SFTP/ backup Restore1234

So not to receive an error that you had just leave the filename blank.

"SFTP" is the folder on the server.

-1984-

-1984-
dpround

Note the "/" at the end of the path is vital or you will get a random error.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors