Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
HDClown
New Contributor II

Internal DNS for SSL VPN portal bookmarks

FortiOS 5.0.7 on 60D Note that FortiClient and the SSL VPN CLient plugin are not installed. I am doing this 100% clientless. I have setup an RDP Native bookmark that points to an internal workstation. I' ve used the FQDN (computername.domain.name) but the FortiGate cannot resolve the name to IP. If I change the bookmark to use the IP of workstation than everything works fine. I need to be able to use FQDN' s of internal devices as I need to setup bookmarks for workstations that are dynamic without DHCP reservations, thus the IP can change. Under SSL / Config / Advanced / DNS Server #1 I have specified an internal DNS server (AD DC), but no luck. I also tried setting an internal DNS server in System / Network / DNS / Primary DNS Server (previously set to use FortiGuard Servers) and then ran " diag test application dnsproxy 1" in CLI to clear DNS cache but this didn' t make it work either. I have not tried rebooting the device as I can' t do that until the evening. What do I need to do so that I can use FQDN' s for internal resource bookmarks in the SSL VPN portal?
1 REPLY 1
Prab
New Contributor

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors