Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jaym222
New Contributor

Web Page Blocked Message

Hello I was notified this morning that there was a certain website that could no longer be accessed and a screenshot sent by a user showed this message: Web Page Blocked An error occurred while trying to rate the website using the webfiltering service. Web filter service error: no correct Fortiguard information To resolve the issue, I disabled UTM completely on the FW policy associated to the website. But I have no idea what would have triggered this problem. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Websites will be blocked if the Fortigate doesn' t receive a proper rating from the Fortiguard servers. A workaround would be to enable " Allow Websites When a Rating Error Occurs" in the Webfilter profile until you can figure out what the connectivity issue with Fortiguard is.
pcraponi
Contributor II

Check if your license expired or go to Fortiguard menu and click on " Test Availability" menu inside Web Filtering and Email Filtering Options section... Check if DNS configuration and date/time of Fortigate are ok too... Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
jaym222
New Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. I immediately enabled the workaround to prevent any other similar issues. I did ' Test Availability' and was able to reach the server. There are no licenses expired. They all expire in Oct. 2014. The DNS is fine but the time was off by a couple hours. I would imagine it has been for a while.
sepulvev
New Contributor

To fix this issue....

Web Page Blocked

An error occurred while trying to rate the website using the webfiltering service. Web filter service error: no correct FortiGuard information

1. Logon to Firewall

2.  Web Filtering and Email Filtering Options under config

3. Place a check on the option for Use Alternate Port (8888)

(FortiGuard services are reachable via ports 53 and 8888.) Use Alternate Port (8888) 4. Apply

NOTE: you are golden! @sepulvev

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors