Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pedrojhd
New Contributor

SSLVPN ERROR " the vpn server may be unreachable -5"

HI, I created the SSL VPN and it was working fine but just few days ago it show te next error 2unable to establish the VPN connection, the vpn server may be unreachable -5" . I did some research and besides reboot the Fortigate, the documentation recommend and disable the " Log Allowed Traffic" . Can anyone help me with other actions.
2 REPLIES 2
zentobbe
New Contributor

Hi! I think your sslvpnd has stopped working. You need to run this from CLI: #diag sys top
 Run Time:  3 days, 8 hours and 31 minutes
 4U, 17S, 79I; 1009T, 601F, 177KF
      proxyworker       55      R       1.9     1.6
          sslvpnd       73      S       0.9     3.1
             iked       75      S       0.9     2.7
          miglogd       41      S       0.9     2.5
      sessionsync       94      S       0.9     1.1
        ipsengine       64      S <     0.0    13.0
          cmdbsvr       35      S       0.0     4.2
           httpsd       63      S       0.0     3.6
           httpsd      125      S       0.0     3.5
        scanunitd       97      S <     0.0     2.3
        scanunitd       98      S <     0.0     2.3
          updated      135      S       0.0     2.2
        urlfilter       67      S       0.0     2.2

Find the sslvpnd pid , in this case 73 Then run: #diag sys kill 11 73 Then the sslvpnd will restart without rebooting the firewall. Please check your firmware version and try upgrade. There are numerous patches for SSLVPN in the latest firmwares.
jimsokol
New Contributor III

We are experiencing a similar problem and have so far isolated the unit to be in conserve mode when this occurs, with scanunitd being the culprit. We believe conserve mode is the reason SSL VPN is not allowing any more new connections. Currently have an active support ticket on this.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors