Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Rfornell
New Contributor

Moving Policies up or down

FortiGate 200B v5.0 GA Patch 2 Previous version you could right click a policy and select move above or below and you could enter a existing policy to move it where you wanted. Any idea on how to this now in version 5 Patch 2??? Trying to get a new policy in place for our new phone system so any help with this would greatly appreciated.
2 Solutions
Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

You can re-order the policies by dragging and dropping on the sequence number column. Alternatively, there is cut/copy/paste support, also available by right-clicking on the sequence #.

View solution in original post

jintrah_FTNT

VicAndr wrote:

emnoc wrote:
You can also do it via the cli under config firewall policy and the move option
Could you elaborate - how you actually do it via the CLI, please? ...I mean for FortiOS v.5.2.X.

check this

config firewall policy

move <policyid> <before/after> <policy id>

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Jordan_Thompson_FTNT

You can re-order the policies by dragging and dropping on the sequence number column. Alternatively, there is cut/copy/paste support, also available by right-clicking on the sequence #.
Rfornell

Thanks guys for the quick response and providing a accurate solution.
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
VicAndr
New Contributor III

emnoc wrote:
Could you elaborate - how you actually do it via the CLI, please? ...I mean for FortiOS v.5.2.X.

jintrah_FTNT

VicAndr wrote:

emnoc wrote:

check this

config firewall policy

move <policyid> <before/after> <policy id>

VicAndr
New Contributor III

Thank you!

"move" command is not described anywhere in the CLI reference. I did find it mentioned in "System Administration" guide AFTER emnoc and you pointed on it but there are no description or usage examples there.

faizanshaikh_net

I can copy a policy and paste it just below or above one line of the existing policy. How is it possible to move policy at position 30 to position 1?

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

config firewall policy 

move  30 before 1

end

But when you  mean position, you mean Sequence order?   The fwpolicy-id is just a place order, you need to know what fwpolicy-id is at  what position ( ordering )

So for example let say you had policy  in this order

And you cloned #12 to a newpolicyid #13. This by default would add it to  last in line so ordering would look like this;

But if you want to  place this behind 12 you could do it like this;

config firewall policy 

clone 12 to 13

move 13 after 12

end

We should never assume fwpolicy-id #1 is   the 1st policy in  the ordering. 

Ken

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
faizanshaikh_net

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your valuable response.

So CLI is the only option I can move the policies? My concern is that I want to copy a policy from GUI which is at position 1 and drag it to position 20. How can I do that through GUI?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors