Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fullmoon
Contributor III

firmware update

i have selected fortigate clients manage by fortimanager 400C, my question is how to upgrade/update fortigate version using fortimanager? thanks

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
3 REPLIES 3
Matthijs
New Contributor II

You will first have to download the software in the FortiManager. Goto: FortiGuard -> Firmware Images and click on the icon on the right side of the screen next to the firmware you need. The forimanager will then download the software. When this is ready you can go to the device manager tab and on the dashboard of the device click on update to update the firmware.
Fullmoon

hi matthijs thank you for your time and its working ff up questions if you dont mind :) Just want to ask if this feasible in FortiManager. Here' s the setup HQ Office FGT 800C connected to 100 remotes sites (FWF 60C) via Interface VPN. FMGR 400C already connected and manage those 100 sites Is this feasible wherein I can create a template Web Filter Profile and push this template to all 100 sites? What we want is to have uniform web filter access to all 100 sites, in order to minimize configuring each FWF 60C configuring web filter profile FMGR will push thru that web filter template. thank you ^_^

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
Sean_Toomey_FTNT

Hi Fullmoon, If I understand you correctly, you will want to define a webfilter profile for a policy that is attached to all of your branch sites and push the policy out. This would ensure you are uniform. If for some reason you mean being able to send out a webfilter without it being part of FortiManager policy, it' s possible but not recommended because any future pushes from FortiManager would wipe it out. So first, let' s start with the recommendation that you upgrade to the latest FMGR patch. If you have a special need to bypass FMGR policy, you can enable scripting by going to System -> Admin -> Admin Settings. Go back to Device tab -> Script and then create new CLI Script. Enter in the CLI commands for the webfilter profile just as you would if you were on a FortiGate. Then override the target to run directly on the device (CLI). You can run the script against the relevant firewalls and it will send those commands out, but this is not a sustainable way to do it. So please use FMGR policy to do this if at all possible. Hope that helps. Cheers!
-- Sean Toomey, CISSP FCNSP Consulting Security Engineer (CSE) FORTINET— High Performance Network Security
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors