Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AhmedAlareki
New Contributor

vm IMAGE

When I downloaded the FortiGate VM image, it appeared like a Google Chrome file. Can I fix that?

5 REPLIES 5
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

• What is the file's extension?
  • Can right click on file, click "Properties" and share a screenshot?
AEK
AEK
abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

VM image should have .out extension and by default it is not associated with any applications. I suspect that you tried to open it with Google Chrome before.

FortiGate
dbu
Staff
Staff

Usually the files have extension '.out' . You can try and modify the file name adding ".out" at the end and see if it changes anything.

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
esalija
Staff
Staff

Hi @AhmedAlareki,

Thank you for choosing the Fortinet Forum.

Please follow the KB for more details on How to manually download Firmware of FortiGate and how to upload it on FortiGate

Best regards,

Erlin

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.

Sheikh
Staff
Staff

Hello @AhmedAlareki 

It looks like that you have already tried to open it in Google Chrome. you may also try to open my computer >>>Click View>>>on the top bar click Options>>>click view>>>Uncheck "hide extensions for known file types". Now check the actual downloaded image extension. It should be ".out" and basically you don't need to double click or open this file. Just use for installation/upgrade.

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors