Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Akmostafa
New Contributor III

understanding DID in Fortivoice cloud

Dear Team,

I have a scenario in which the customer has two PSTN lines and want a could based voice solution to be able to receive calls from PSTN and redirected to the internal extension and implement a call center.

So how this could be implemented without a hardware voice gateway? and how practically the calls are being routed to FortiVoice cloud?

Are there special requirement to be done form the PSTN provider side?

And as per the documentation, Fortivoice cloud locations are in US and Canada, so is the above scrnario doable when my PSTN in a different country?

Thanks,

Ahmed

8 REPLIES 8
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello Akmostafa, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello,

We are still looking for an answer to your question.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe_P

Hello again Akmostafa,

I found a document that might interest you. Did you have a look on this guide:

https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/ad1d1f9a-5a2b-11ed-96f0-fa163e...

Page 37, there is a FAQ explaining that FortiVoice Cloud is only available in the US and Canada.

Can you tell me if this helps you and if you need further help please?

Regards,

Akmostafa
New Contributor III

Thanks Jeans for the link.

However, I need more technical explanation about how to connect FortiVoice cloud to the PSTN to allow incoming calls and outgoing calls to and from the PSTN.

Jean-Philippe_P

Hello Akmostafa,

I understand, then I will try to seek assistance to help you further.

Thanks for your patience,

melshehaby
Staff
Staff

Hello Ahmed.

Thank you for contacting us.

Fortivoice cloud is a full IPPBX system, it is not only a gateway for landlines.

With FVE cloud, you will have only the phones in your company. Lines and PBX will in the cloud.

As of now Fortivoice cloud is available only to customers in US and Canada, also Forticall "which is the SIP landlines" supporting only customers located on those countries.

So based on your situation "which is not located in US and Canada" you can't get Fortivoice cloud and also Forticall.

Regards

Mohamed Elshehaby

EMEA ETAC

Mohamed Elshehaby
Ezekielles
New Contributor

A customer requires a cloud-based voice solution to handle calls from two PSTN lines, redirecting them to internal extensions, and implementing a call center. The challenge lies in achieving this without a hardware voice gateway and ensuring seamless integration with FortiVoice cloud. I'm curious about the practicality of routing calls of private office in Sydney to FortiVoice cloud and whether there are any special requirements from the PSTN provider's side to facilitate this process.

melshehaby

Hello Ezekielles,

Thank you for your comment.

I am not sure if you checked my reply or not but first, it depend on your location, if you are not based on US or Canada, so you can't implement or have Fortivoice cloud.

Second, If I understood correct, you are talking about two physical PSTN lines on the customer location and you want to connect them to a Fortivoice cloud without having a hardware voice gateway. Simply, it is totally impossible.

Third, FVE cloud, is a bundle coming with its own SIP lines and you can't connect external gateway to it.

Regards

Mohamed Elshehaby

Mohamed Elshehaby
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors