Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SoporteAbetelnet
New Contributor

unable to resolve hostname FortiAp-Fortigate

Recently I installed a fortiap 231F, I have already created the policy so that it can see my internal network, has enabled all services and has no restriction, when I make a ping to the ip of an internal computer (internal network 60.1 - wifi network 70.2) this works but when I ping the host name fails to find it.

5 REPLIES 5
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

This looks like a DNS problem or the DNS suffix sent by the DHCP server. Are this domain PCs that you are trying to reach with their hostnames?

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
SoporteAbetelnet
New Contributor

No, actually i don't have a domain server 

ebilcari

Where are this hostname configured than, do you have a local DNS server in the network or you have configured FGT as the DNS server?

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
SoporteAbetelnet

I configured the FGT as the DNS server 

ebilcari

than since you have created a new interface you have to add it as interface in DNS service. If you are using tunnel SSID add the SSID on the list and configure it as the DNS server in DHCP scope "Same as Interface IP" on SSID configuration:

dns-wifi.PNG

DHCP-DNS.PNG

- Emirjon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors