Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
abdisalam
New Contributor

no admin user no super admin profile

dear fortinet,

my fortitage model is 1500D

i have restored configuration backup, then i dont see admin user nor supper admin profile

any help

thank you

shuuke
shuuke
11 REPLIES 11
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

do you see the admin user config on the backup file (config system admin) ? Are you saying you are not able to login to the device after config restore?

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

abdisalam
New Contributor

dear srajeswaran

i can login the device and working good, but i cant see admin user nor supper admin profile also

regard abdisalam

shuuke
shuuke
srajeswaran

Do you see the config on the backup you used ?

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

abdisalam
New Contributor

i didn't get what do you mean by Do you see the config on the backup you used ?

my backup configuration is working properly but i cant see or access admin user

shuuke
shuuke
srajeswaran

When you open the config file in text editor, do you see the missing users under "config system admin" ?

Regards,

Suraj

abdisalam
New Contributor

let me check that

shuuke
shuuke
abdisalam
New Contributor

dear Suraj,

i dont see admin user nor super admin profile also

thank you

shuuke
shuuke
srajeswaran

That means the configuration backup must have taken before those admins were configured. You may have to configure them again and take a fresh backup (for future use).

Regards,

Suraj

pminarik
Staff
Staff

When a configuration backup is made by an administrator who is not a super_admin, the super_admin accounts will not be included in the backup.

This is most likely what happened here.

[ corrections always welcome ]
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors