Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
z37
New Contributor

how do i update firmware to fortiwifi60b

i have fortiwifi 60b

that was formated and dont have firmware

i try to update it According to the guide

But it's not working I'm getting an error

Is it possible to upgrade the firmware to the device using the console cable?

And not through TFTP server

5 REPLIES 5
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

hi,

no, via console you would need an ethernet connection and a TFTP server on your PC/notebook. This one works like a charm (in Windows): [link]http://tftpd32.jounin.net/[/link]

A second way to load firmware is via the USB stick. But not in your case - the command to load firmware is part of FortiOS, and not the BIOS.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
z37
New Contributor

There is something not clear to me

i work from this webpage

http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/viewContent.do?externalId=10338

when i get to 5

5 - Connect the computer running TFTP server to the FortiGate unit. The port is prompted in the console output as below:  Please connect TFTP server to Ethernet port "MGMT"   what port is this ?   then i have this [size="2"]6 - Type the IP address of the computer running the TFTP server and press Enter.The console displays:[/size][size="2"][size="2"][size="2"]Enter TFTP server address [192.168.1.168]:[/size] [/size][/size]   [size="2"]7 - Type the IP address of the Fortigate port that is on the same subnet as the TFTP server and press Enter.[/size]The console displays: [size="2"][size="2"]Enter Local Address [192.168.1.188]:[/size][/size]   [size="2"]but it jump line and i cant put the ip of the server[/size] [size="2"]also [/size]   [size="2"]Do I need to change the ip of the network card to the one listed in the manual ? [/size]   [size="2"]Or instead I can register the original ip of the computer And the ip of the router register accordingly For example My computer's ip is 192.168.0.2 So can I write In Section 6 the IP 192.168.0.2 And in section 7 write 192.168.0.188 ? [/size]    
neonbit
Valued Contributor

Yes you can use your computers IP of 192.168.0.2 and configure the FGT with 192.168.0.188.

Try to plug your computer in port1 when uploading the firmware.

z37
New Contributor

Does it have to be connected directly to the computer ?

Or I can connect the FGT to the switch (port1 to switch -> switch to computer)

z37
New Contributor

Thank you both for your help It worked without a hitch

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors