Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Abouzar
New Contributor

fortigate after restart doesn't access to Internet

Hello all,

please help,

after restart of my foritgate 200D for power lost, the FW cannot reach Internet and cannot ping the internet router.

What can I do please? emergency situation, please help. 

2 REPLIES 2
Alexis_G
Contributor II

Check with this order:

Power lost , why ? was a general power loss ? all other connecting devices are working properly ?

Hardware failure ?

you need also to check :

external IP address via DHCP ? did it obtain IP ?

Routing ?

NAT (from inside to outside)

Firewall rules ? was a change ?

--------------------------------------------

If all else fails, use the force !

-------------------------------------------- If all else fails, use the force !
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Have you logged into the fgt via the GUI or CLI and checked the status of your WAN(s) port?  Do they look up?  Have you actually power cycled your ISP gateway/modem device?  If there is a power lost (or power surge), I would assume the ISP's gateway/modem device should be power cycled and/or confirmed operating properly - if need be, connect a CPE (i.e. laptop) to the ISP's gateway/modem device to confirm a connection is there; if the fgt device was configured for static IP settings, configure the same static IP settings on your laptop.

from the CLI, perform a diag hardware deviceinfo nic <WAN interface port>  (e.g. diag hardware deviceinfo nic wan1) The output of the above command should like similar to this: # diag hardware deviceinfo nic wan1 Description     :FortiASIC NP6LITE Adapter Driver Name     :FortiASIC NP6LITE Driver Board           :101E lif id          :2 lif oid         :66 netdev oid      :66 Current_HWaddr   70:4c:a5:39:98:ff Permanent_HWaddr 70:4c:a5:39:97:cc ========== Link Status ========== Admin           :up netdev status   :up autonego_setting:1 link_setting    :1 speed_setting   :10 duplex_setting  :0 Speed           :1000 Duplex          :Full link_status     :Up ============ Counters =========== Rx Pkts         :2842940 Rx Bytes        :306240157 Tx Pkts         :467302 Tx Bytes        :36238904 Host Rx Pkts    :2842942 Host Rx Bytes   :266439089 Host Tx Pkts    :467302 Host Tx Bytes   :3623

Check that Admin and link_status are up, duplex should be full (IMO) and speed should be right for your WAN connection.

If the ISP gateway/modem device appears to be operating correctly then suspect a possible issue with the fgt device or the WAN port.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors